all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* cl - function `remove-if-not' - suppress warning
@ 2015-11-23  1:17 Tim Johnson
From: Tim Johnson @ 2015-11-23  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs

My emacs version and build is :

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian

And deployment is on ubuntu 14.04 (macintosh installer)

I'm getting the following warning :
  function `remove-if-not' from cl package called at runtime
When byte-compiling code containing 'remove-if-not

I've done some research on this issue :
From the following URL:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5019724/in-emacs-what-does-this-error-mean-warning-cl-package-required-at-runtime
A number of remedies of remedies are suggested.

I've tried 'requiring 'cl-lib, 'cl-macs and 'cl.
I've tried wrapping those packages and 'cl with 'with-no-warnings.
I've tried requiring 'bytecomp
  (the variable 'byte-compiler-warnings cannot be found by emacs
   and I can find no documentation on 'bytecomp)

None seem to suppress this message.

From what I've seen, the warning itself can be ignored, all the
same, if it can not be suppressed, could that present a larger or
different issue?

thanks
--
Tim