On 10/18/2015 10:52 AM, John Wiegley wrote: >>>>>> Eli Zaretskii writes: > >> When we need to use Guile APIs from Emacs. That's one of the advantages of >> using Guile: that it implements a lot of functionality which it would be >> good to have in Emacs. > > Total agreement! I've been wanting a Guile-based Emacs since 1998, if for no > other reason than that I could have used call/cc in Eshell, instead of the > horrendous CPS hack that exists there now. You have generators in elisp already. Wanting to use one language is, IMHO, a poor choice for wanting to completely swap out a language. I am opposed to Guilemacs, not only on technical grounds, but also because elisp is essential to Emacs (and not just an optional extension system), and I want its implementation to live alongside the rest of the Emacs core code.