all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mercurial: commit -m "logmsg" command line: Emacs command
@ 2015-10-15  7:03 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2015-10-15  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hello

Coming from RCS, I thought that
vc-next-action in a file under HG control, it would be equivalent to run
 hg commit -m "logmsg"

From the command line. However it is not.
I tested it several times. I modify 2 files, but run vc-next-action only
in one of them. Hg status tells me the second is modified. When I push
to bitbucket only the one I run vc-next-action is pushed.

Is there any comment I did not try out? What do I miss?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer

* Re: mercurial: commit -m "logmsg" command line: Emacs command
@ 2015-10-15  9:21 ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2015-10-15  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On 10/15/2015 10:03 AM, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> I tested it several times. I modify 2 files, but run vc-next-action only
> in one of them. Hg status tells me the second is modified. When I push
> to bitbucket only the one I run vc-next-action is pushed.

I believe it tries to behave in line with all other VC backends, and
commit only the changes in the marked files (or the current file, in
this example).

> Is there any comment I did not try out? What do I miss?

You should try M-x vc-dir, mark both files, and commit.