On 10/13/2015 05:02 AM, Marcus Harnisch wrote: > Another potential I would see is the availability of higher-level > (STL) data structures w/o dependencies on external libraries, thus > allowing Emacsen to reduce their number of home-grown data > structures. Seeing comments in ancient code Similar comments apply to STL data structure implementations. We can always do better with application-specific data structures than we can with one-size-fits-all C++ data structures designed as reasonable defaults, not optimal implementations. I'd hate for someone to think that std::unordered_map, say, is somehow better than the data structures we've used for a long time merely because the standard stipulates that the runtime must provide it.