all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Gary <gary@boltav.plus.com>
To: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>, 21589@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#21589: 24.5; contradiction in info
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 14:07:53 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Glenn

thanks for your quick reply.  I see what you mean, the append is further
down and I was looking at the code following this comment where it says
'append' (line 3 below) and then uses cons (line 6). On the other hand
being a new user, I NEED to read the manual whereas I'm guessing you
don't. :)

cheers

Gary

  (cond
             ;; check to see whether filename ends in `.el'
             ;; and if so, append its name to a list.
             ((equal ".el" (substring (car (car current-directory-list))
-3))
              (setq el-files-list
                    (cons (car (car current-directory-list))
el-files-list)))
             ;; check whether filename is that of a directory
             ((eq t (car (cdr (car current-directory-list))))
              ;; decide whether to skip or recurse