Hi, This patch, against emacs-unicode-2/lisp/progmodes, enhances cc-mode's handling of Objective-C: - auto-indent method calls by colons (like XCode) - syntax highlighting for method calls - add more constants for font-lock highlighting The original version was written by Michael Weber, and I updated it for GNU emacs-21+. I'd be interested in getting it into the emacs distribution as it would provide a better out-of-box environment for Objective-C developers. I'm unsure if that means it needs to go into cc-mode's own tree? I sent a couple of messages a while ago to cc-mode's own list but they may have been drowned in spam. (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.cc-mode-general/2692) (If there are any Obj-C devs using emacs on this list, perhaps they could try the patch -- it's also built-in to the Emacs.app distribution at http://emacs-app.sf.net/ ) Changed files: cc-align.el (c-lineup-ObjC-method-call-colons): New function to indent method calls. cc-fonts.el (c-complex-decl-matchers: c-font-lock-objc-methods): Add code to highlight method calls. cc-langs.el (c-constant-kwds): Add constant keywords for ObjC boolean types, exception macros, and GNUstep ref-counting macros. cc-menus.el (cc-imenu-objc-function): Drop obsolete calls to imenu-progress-message. cc-vars.el (objc-method-arg-min-delta-to-bracket, objc-method-arg-unfinished-offset, objc-method-parameter-offset): New variables for customizing (c-lineup-ObjC-method-call). (c-offsets-alist): Add ObjC-specific rules.