all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* erc - gnus or internet w3 behind a proxy
@ 2007-11-28 10:07 Klaus Gena
From: Klaus Gena @ 2007-11-28 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I am entirely new to emacs and would like to use gnus, erc or w3 but I do
not know how to configure emacs to
establish an internet connection. My computer is behind a proxy with
user/password prompt.

Is there a way to figure this out?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Klaus Gena

* Re: erc - gnus or internet w3 behind a proxy
       [not found] <mailman.4230.1196250834.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-11-28 12:05 ` poppyer
From: poppyer @ 2007-11-28 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Klaus Gena" <klausgena@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am entirely new to emacs and would like to use gnus, erc or w3 but I do
> not know how to configure emacs to
> establish an internet connection. My computer is behind a proxy with
> user/password prompt.
>
> Is there a way to figure this out?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help,
>
> Klaus Gena

If you are using a SOCKS proxy, try "the tsocks" wrapper (GOOGLE: tsocks).
But if the proxy is for HTTP only, I am afraid you can't use it for gnus
& erc.

cheers,
poppyer