all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Another Emacs build-server
@ 2015-04-19 10:46 joakim
From: joakim @ 2015-04-19 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs developers

http://labs.it-huset.se/jenkins/job/Emacs/

Currently it only builds the master and xwidget_mvp branches of Emacs.

I also have some other plans for it, like building on several
distributions, and provide (simple) binary packages.

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Another Emacs build-server
@ 2015-04-19 12:44 ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2015-04-19 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim, Emacs developers

On 04/19/2015 01:46 PM, joakim@verona.se wrote:
> http://labs.it-huset.se/jenkins/job/Emacs/
>
> Currently it only builds the master and xwidget_mvp branches of Emacs.
>
> I also have some other plans for it, like building on several
> distributions, and provide (simple) binary packages.

Looks good. Will it run 'make check'? And send emails to committers who
break something?

* Re: Another Emacs build-server
@ 2015-04-19 15:50   ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2015-04-19 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Gutov; +Cc: Emacs developers

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> On 04/19/2015 01:46 PM, joakim@verona.se wrote:
>> http://labs.it-huset.se/jenkins/job/Emacs/>
>> Currently it only builds the master and xwidget_mvp branches of Emacs.
>>
>> I also have some other plans for it, like building on several
>> distributions, and provide (simple) binary packages.
>
> Looks good. Will it run 'make check'? And send emails to committers
> who break something?

You can have an accout if you want!

Otherwise I will enable at least "make check". I think it is a bit early
to spam devs. I can spam myself to begin with.

--

@ 2015-04-19 16:58     ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2015-04-19 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Emacs developers, Dmitry Gutov

joakim@verona.se writes:

> Otherwise I will enable at least "make check".

vc-tests have failed, like they do also locally. I suppress those tests
on hydra with

(if (getenv "NIX_STORE")

Is there something I could check on your Jenkins system as well? I hope
the suppress is temporarily only, until the problem is fixed.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Another Emacs build-server
@ 2015-04-19 17:35       ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2015-04-19 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Emacs developers, Dmitry Gutov

> joakim@verona.se writes:
>
>> Otherwise I will enable at least "make check".
>
> vc-tests have failed, like they do also locally. I suppress those tests
> on hydra with
>
> (if (getenv "NIX_STORE")
>
> Is there something I could check on your Jenkins system as well? I hope
> the suppress is temporarily only, until the problem is fixed.

I just created a new job for make check. That way you can see if the
tests fail, and if master builds separately. That should be good enough
until the tests work again? I mean, if the tests are broken, they are
broken, and its better to know that than to suppress the breakage, right?

You can have an account if you like. I think the "sign up" function is
supposed to work I think.

--

@ 2015-04-19 17:37     ` Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2015-04-19 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Emacs developers

On 04/19/2015 06:50 PM, joakim@verona.se wrote:

> You can have an accout if you want!

I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it either. :)

> Otherwise I will enable at least "make check". I think it is a bit early
> to spam devs. I can spam myself to begin with.

Spamming emacs-devel is another decent option.

* Re: Another Emacs build-server
@ 2015-04-19 17:51         ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2015-04-19 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: Emacs developers, Dmitry Gutov

joakim@verona.se writes:

> I just created a new job for make check. That way you can see if the
> tests fail, and if master builds separately. That should be good enough
> until the tests work again? I mean, if the tests are broken, they are
> broken, and its better to know that than to suppress the breakage, right?

Yes. However, things are a little bit stalled. I've started with
vc-tests.el last automn on request of Eric Raymond. I don't know the innards
of vc-*.el that I could do serious bug fixing, I have just fixed some
simple cases.

Now I'm waiting until Eric could spend more time on this.

> You can have an account if you like. I think the "sign up" function is
> supposed to work I think.

Thanks. Likely, it is not urgent. With hydra I'm happy to follow the
messages on emacs-buildstatus@gnu.org. If you could configure Jenkins
that it sends also messages on *changed* result status it would be
great. I don't know who runs this mailing list, maybe Glenn Morris?

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Another Emacs build-server
@ 2015-04-19 17:53       ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2015-04-19 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dmitry Gutov; +Cc: joakim, Emacs developers

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> On 04/19/2015 06:50 PM, joakim@verona.se wrote:
>
>> You can have an accout if you want!
>
> I wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it either. :)
>
>> Otherwise I will enable at least "make check". I think it is a bit early
>> to spam devs. I can spam myself to begin with.
>
> Spamming emacs-devel is another decent option.

emacs-buildstatus seems to be the natural target for this kind of spam.

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: Another Emacs build-server
@ 2015-04-19 20:15           ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2015-04-19 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Emacs developers, Dmitry Gutov

> joakim@verona.se writes:
>
>> I just created a new job for make check. That way you can see if the
>> tests fail, and if master builds separately. That should be good enough
>> until the tests work again? I mean, if the tests are broken, they are
>> broken, and its better to know that than to suppress the breakage, right?
>
> Yes. However, things are a little bit stalled. I've started with
> vc-tests.el last automn on request of Eric Raymond. I don't know the innards
> of vc-*.el that I could do serious bug fixing, I have just fixed some
> simple cases.
>
> Now I'm waiting until Eric could spend more time on this.
>
>> You can have an account if you like. I think the "sign up" function is
>> supposed to work I think.
>
> Thanks. Likely, it is not urgent. With hydra I'm happy to follow the
> messages on emacs-buildstatus@gnu.org. If you could configure Jenkins
> that it sends also messages on *changed* result status it would be
> great. I don't know who runs this mailing list, maybe Glenn Morris?

I think Jenkins is supposed to notify on build status changes out of the
box.

BTW, I set NIX_STORE now, so you shouldnt need to change anything on
your end.

From: joakim @ 2015-04-19 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Emacs developers, Dmitry Gutov

--