On 04/01/2015 03:34 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote: > Hello, Ricardo. > > On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 09:50:46PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > >> Alan Mackenzie writes: > >>> The only combination that makes sense to me is that which involves the >>> least risk and the least time and effort wasted in ploughing through >>> git's inadequate documentation. I don't want to spend several hours >>> learning how to "throw away commits while keeping the changes using >>> interactive rebasing", or even in learning what that all really means. I >>> am one of these seemingly rare people who are not fascinated by the >>> innards of git, and simply want an appropriate tool for communicating >>> changes from and to savannah. I know I'm not the only one. I think you >>> have trouble accepting this position. > >> I'm not "fascinated by the innards of git" and I don't find the man >> pages very useful, but creating commits often and interactively rebasing >> them before publishing (i.e. "git push") lies at the core of my >> workflow, and I would not do it if it wasn't easy and convenient. > > Is having to invent a meaningful commit message for each and every commit > not inconvenient? Half of mine are "asdf". Of course I provide meaningful messages for commits I push, but local ones? Nah.