On 03/27/2015 10:58 AM, Paul Eggert wrote: > On 03/27/2015 02:59 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Are there any other platforms that might >> need it and the related SELECT_CAN_DO_WRITE_MASK and >> NON_BLOCKING_CONNECT? Or can these be deleted now? > No platforms should need BROKEN_NON_BLOCKING_CONNECT or > SELECT_CAN_DO_WRITE_MASK, so I removed them by applying the attached > patch. Platforms that predate POSIX.1-2001 might need > NON_BLOCKING_CONNECT, though, since that feature wasn't standardized by > POSIX until POSIX.1-2001, so I left that part alone for now. > > This raises the topic of how far back in history Emacs should go, when > trying to support older platforms. Currently Emacs is quite > conservative and relies only on POSIX.1-1988 or later. I don't know of > any currently-supported GNUish or Unixish platform that doesn't largely > conform to POSIX.1-2001 or later, so as far as I know the Emacs code > that runs only on hosts predating POSIX-2001 isn't being tested and > quite possibly no longer works. So it would make sense for Emacs to > start assuming POSIX.1-2001 or later It'd be nice to assume UNICODE on Windows too. Windows 95 will be 20 years old in August.