On 03/27/2015 02:06 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Andreas Schwab >> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:48:53 +0100 >> Cc: sva-news@mygooglest.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org >> >> Richard Stallman writes: >> >>> I mean, a commit that goes to the remote repository >> >> This is a flawed concept. You are throwing away the very advantage of a >> DVCS. > > Isn't it clear, after all the flood of the messages, that Richard has > no use for those advantages? Why cannot he have a VC feature, which > should be optional, to do what he want under certain circumstances and > given specific customizations? This _is_ Emacs, after all, isn't it? I don't think I've seen a user option I didn't like. If Richard or somebody else wants to send a patch that makes vc operate this workflow, great. I get the impression that Richard wants to make his preferred mode of operation the default, however, and that I'm strongly against.