On 03/24/2015 12:15 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Sebastien Vauban >> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 20:05:33 +0100 >> >> I think that the real conclusion of the discussion is: shouldn't vc-dir >> have a command to push? And, to that, I guess most of us would answer >> yes, right? > > A related question is: does "C-x v v" at all make sense with Git and > other dVCSes? If it does, what would be the DWIM cycle there? E.g., > would it make sense for "C-x v v" to push when the previous action was > commit and there are not uncommitted changes? C-x v v should never push. That would be too surprising to user used to working locally.