Hello Drew. Apology for the inconvenience. On 03/20/2015 01:04 AM, Drew Adams wrote: >> Function `bookmark-get-bookmark' ... >> >> 1] tests for the existence of a bookmark by checking whether the input >> string matches a cons cell. This casts a net much wider than desirable, >> and might better be (assoc bookmark-name-or-record bookmark-alist). > > See the actual code. You're right. You could have just said 'line 336, not 335'. > >> 2] returns only a string value on error, without passing nil back to the >> calling function. >> >> My usage case is that I was scripting a function to find org-mode files >> in a directory tree, and add them to a bookmark list if they aren't >> already bookmarked according to my naming convention. Originally, I had >> tried checking for the existence of a bookmark using a few of the >> bookmark.el functions, such as bookmark-get-bookmark, but that looked >> inconvenient because they returned string values on failure. > > See the actual code. > > The doc string neglects to mention the optional argument. It should > say something like this (taken from Bookmark+): > > Non-nil optional arg NOERROR means return nil if BOOKMARK is not a > valid bookmark. If NOERROR is nil then raise an error in this case. Missed that also. -- hkp://keys.gnupg.net CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0