I have tested this with the current master/trunk version and the problem no longer occurs. Emacs opens full screen and correctly dimensioned to the display size. tested on commit 16d91bce1d054c45ccd60efd5bd3ff88c12e39bb Thanks, Jason martin rudalics wrote on 14/02/2015 5:30 AM: >> Starting emacs in full screen, it is too large for the display and so >> you can't see the status bar or minibuffer, they are hanging off the >> bottom of the display. > > Can you please try with current master/trunk. I fixed a couple of > related issues there recently. > > Thanks, martin > -- Jason Lewis http://emacstragic.net