On 02/10/2015 07:43 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote: > Eli Zaretskii writes: > > > > Uh, there is a connection. Because modern IDEs tend to have useful > > > program information when debugging instead of (optimized out). > > > > Compile with -Og (which should be the default anyway), and you have > > that with GCC/GDB as well. > > Er, most programs I compile default to -O3 (I mean upstream does). So > you can't debug a production build even if you have symbols. Arrgh What exactly are the DWARF deficiencies that prevent a debugger from unwinding caller-saved registers to their original values? The specification seems more than powerful enough for the task.