all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Can pdb (Python debugger) in Emacs be as efficient as a graphical debugger outside of Emacs that uses a mouse?
@ 2015-02-01  5:53 Chris Seberino
From: Chris Seberino @ 2015-02-01  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I tend to think Emacs can do many things more efficiently with the keyboard and without a mouse.

I want to believe that is true for debugging but I'm not as sure.

I've used DDD which allows one to quickly scroll through code and set breakpoints with a mouse.  Furthermore, a second window is immediately available to display output.

I'm not sure running pdb from a shell inside of Emacs can compete with that.  Because pdb is command line driven it seems it will be faster.

Is this something that is NOT faster inside of Emacs and actually BENEFITS from a mouse?

cs