On 01/25/2015 09:04 PM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Boruch Baum writes: > >> No. What ends up happening is that the sequence of the history list is >> preserved, so you can always go back to B. It has the advantage of >> reducing bloat, and if one scrolls through history much, that bloat can >> be great. >> >> I can see two uses for a history: >> 1] a log of the sequence in which pages were visited; >> 2] a list of visited places, in original sequence order. >> >> For me, #2 is far and away more useful. > > The current history implementation also preserves the point position, > which is probably different in each frame. Which may or may not be > helpful. > > I agree that the current way of recording the history may be overkill, > but I've also found it very handy because it's so predictable. > always, without fail, takes you back to the page you were at two > commands ago, no matter what the command was... > >> One problem with the current eww implementation is that once one does >> something like A B C D C B, it becomes difficult to get to E using >> commands l/r > > Where is E in that sequence of pages? > That's kind of the point, it would have been historically before D. -- hkp://keys.gnupg.net CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0