On 01/22/2015 09:22 AM, Oleh wrote: >>> #(foo bar) should translate to (short-lambda (foo bar)) >> >> Hmm... >> >> Not completely sure where I stand on this. > > Thanks for the consideration in any case. And I'm glad that I asked > this, even if it doesn't lead to a change. > >> A few notes: >> - I like the generality of CL reader macros. >> - But extending elisp-mode to understand what's going on (and "do the >> right thing") with each new reader macro is not easy. That's a problem with any lisp that provides a reader-macro facility. The onus is on the authors of macro packages to create macros that work well with the existing emacs-lisp-mode parser. >> So I'm currently against addition of CL style reader macros. Stefan, is emacs-lisp-mode support your only objection? > I'm afraid that making CL style macros available to the public would > lead to more 3rd party extensions defining control structures used by > other 3rd party extensions. My opinion is that only the core should be > allowed to do that. Or at least the 3rd party control flow structures > should not propagate. We already have plenty of libraries defining "control flow" structures; look at all the anaphoric-if libraries out there. ITYM "lexical structure", not "control structure". >