On 01/21/2015 11:35 AM, Wolfgang Jenkner wrote: > On Wed, Jan 21 2015, Stefan Monnier wrote: > >> We can provide the default-directory in M-n or something like that, but >> Daniel's patch is good. > > What about the following patch, which would also provide that behaviour > while making it obvious how to work around this regr^H^H^H^H new feature > in a not too inconvenient way and get the current behaviour back, viz., > by using C-k to kill all trailing "../" components. That seems like it'd confuse users. Are we okay with just repurposing the prefix argument? Does anyone actually use the existing ability to force a particular backend?