all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Fit image to window height or width
@ 2015-01-15 11:38 Vaidheeswaran
From: Vaidheeswaran @ 2015-01-15 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

(See my earlier post)

I am using doc-view.el for digitizing scanned books.  I usually have
the document page span the whole of window width.  Occassionally, I
run into a page -- mostly a table and occsionally an image -- that is
in landscape format.

1. I find that `image-transform-fit-to-height' and friends apparently
    don't work.

2. I want an ablility to to transform an image that is rendered by
    doc-view mode.

(Even if image transformation is broken in the core library, it should
be doable either via "convert" command.  See image-dired.el.  AFAIK,
shr.el also does image transformation without relying on command line.)

* Re: Fit image to window height or width
@ 2015-01-15 12:02 ` joakim
From: joakim @ 2015-01-15 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vaidheeswaran; +Cc: emacs-devel

Vaidheeswaran <vaidheeswaran.chinnaraju@gmail.com> writes:

> (See my earlier post)
>
> I am using doc-view.el for digitizing scanned books.  I usually have
> the document page span the whole of window width.  Occassionally, I
> run into a page -- mostly a table and occsionally an image -- that is
> in landscape format.
>
> 1. I find that `image-transform-fit-to-height' and friends apparently
>    don't work.

Did you configure with imagemagik?

--
Joakim Verona

* Re: Fit image to window height or width
@ 2015-01-15 12:16   ` Vaidheeswaran C
From: Vaidheeswaran C @ 2015-01-15 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joakim; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Thursday 15 January 2015 05:32 PM, joakim@verona.se wrote:
>> (See my earlier post)
>> >
>> >  I am using doc-view.el for digitizing scanned books.  I usually have
>> >  the document page span the whole of window width.  Occassionally, I
>> >  run into a page -- mostly a table and occsionally an image -- that is
>> >  in landscape format.
>> >
>> >  1. I find that `image-transform-fit-to-height' and friends apparently
>> >      don't work.
>>
> Did you configure with imagemagik?

The following comment seems to "corroborate" the behaviour I am seeing.

;; FIXME this doesn't seem mature yet. Document in manual when it is.
(defvar image-transform-resize nil

I am runnning Stock Debian squeeze (XFCE) and emacs built from trunk @

commit 94a3f7648cfc9d1d205e69eff0beec416d30a0fe
Author: Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de>
Date:   Wed Dec 10 09:44:26 2014 +0100

Images are usually pbm or ppm files.

* Re: Fit image to window height or width
@ 2015-01-15 12:56     ` Vaidheeswaran
From: Vaidheeswaran @ 2015-01-15 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

On Thursday 15 January 2015 05:46 PM, Vaidheeswaran C wrote:
>> Did you configure with imagemagik?
>>
> The following comment seems to "corroborate" the behaviour I am seeing.
>
> ;; FIXME this doesn't seem mature yet. Document in manual when it is.
> (defvar image-transform-resize nil
>

> I am runnning Stock Debian squeeze (XFCE) and emacs built from trunk @
>
> commit 94a3f7648cfc9d1d205e69eff0beec416d30a0fe
> Author: Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de>
> Date:   Wed Dec 10 09:44:26 2014 +0100
>
> Images are usually pbm or ppm files.

I installed libmagick++-dev.  Image transformation is working fine.

In doc-view mode  -- this is where my interest lies -- when I invoke the
`image-transform-*' commands, I get the following error:

image-toggle-display-image: The buffer is not in Image mode

Can this be fixed?