all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Damien Wyart <damien.wyart@free.fr>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [OT] reading recommendations?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 13:07:52 +0100	[thread overview]

* Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> in gnu.emacs.help:
> I'm looking for reading recommendations, for books about tool use.
> Specifically: discussions about how the human sense of self (physical,
> and social) is extended and altered by the presence and use of tools.
> You've heard the sociologist's observation that, when drivers gets
> rear-ended, they don't usually say "that car hit my car", but instead,
> "that car hit ME". That sort of thing. Readings based in neurology,
> philosophy, sociology -- anything would be great.

Here are some suggestions (links to Amazon are for convenience only,
I am not affiliated with them):

http://www.amazon.com/The-Second-Self-Computers-Spirit/dp/0262701111/
http://www.amazon.com/Life-Screen-Identity-Age-Internet/dp/0684833484/
http://www.amazon.com/Evocative-Objects-Things-Think-With/dp/0262516772/