On 12/07/2014 02:00 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Speaking of `declare', I've always found the autoload cookie thing a bit > odd. Putting functionality into comments is kinda hacky. > > What about a new (declare (autoload t)) defun form or something? But you can autoload things that aren't function definitions, like keybindings or auto-mode-alist modifications. I think the current scheme is fine, but if we had to use something more lispy, I'd opt for a top-level with-autoload macro. (Or would that be emacs-core-eval-with-autoload?)