On 12/05/2014 11:09 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> That aside, I'm not sure I agree with your namespace preferences. `yield' is >> fundamentally a lexically-scoped macro. > > The lexically scoped `yield' is OK. But the global (defmacro yield ...) > is not (tho, I'm OK with keeping it if wrapped in (unless (fboundp > 'yield) ...)). > >> I'd also strongly prefer using `next' as the iter-get function. > > I know, but this one is out of the question. All globally-visible names > need to be namespace-clean. So it can be `gen-next'. It *is* "namespace-clean", as I explained above. It's ludicrous to expect that all future additions to elisp include horribly long, hyphenated names even when they're describing fundamental features of the environment. It's `car', goddammit it, not `seq-list-car'. The point is to minimize the possibility of collision with useful user code, not to religiously ensure that all symbols match ^[a-z]+-[a-z-]+$