all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* EPG encryption does not work with GnuPG 2.1.0
@ 2014-12-02 15:59 Sree Harsha Totakura
From: Sree Harsha Totakura @ 2014-12-02 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

I have upgraded my GnuPG to latest 2.1.0 version.  Now emacs-24.4 fails
to encrypt text files using gpg.  Decryption works fine.  I keep getting
the following error:
> Opening output file: [pub f 1024 17 3B6F8AF143C21F3B 1320594077
1509822256 nil u nil ...], 15

Some other users reported that their files were being deleted.  For some
discussions please see: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/42972 and

Is anyone here aware of this?

Regards,
Sree

* Re: EPG encryption does not work with GnuPG 2.1.0
@ 2014-12-02 19:42 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2014-12-02 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Sree Harsha Totakura; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Sree Harsha Totakura <sreeharsha@totakura.in> writes:

Hi Sree,

> I have upgraded my GnuPG to latest 2.1.0 version.  Now emacs-24.4
> fails to encrypt text files using gpg.  Decryption works fine.  I keep
> getting the following error:
>> Opening output file: [pub f 1024 17 3B6F8AF143C21F3B 1320594077
> 1509822256 nil u nil ...], 15
>
> Some other users reported that their files were being deleted.  For
> some discussions please see: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/42972 and
>
> Is anyone here aware of this?

I'm also on Arch and have core/gnupg 2.1.0-6 installed.  And I get the
same error with the released 24.4.  But with both emacs from Git master
as well as from the emacs-24 branch, I can encrypt files just fine.

So whatever the problem is, it has already been fixed.  But please
report a bug with M-x report-emacs-bug anyway so that the problem is
visible to the core devs.  Maybe the bug is critical enough to justify
another emacs release.

Bye,
Tassilo