Alan, here's another instance of the problem: > The steps were: > 1. Edited a C++ header file in a buffer. The file is attached (libxmlparser.h). I've had it open in a buffer for a while and have edited it successfully (without the indentation problem) within the current emacs session. I just switched to it from another buffer. > 4. Added a #include to the top of the buffer. 4.1 I added a newline on line 8. 4.2 I then added another #include (pasted using C-y): #include 4.3 I then added another newline under the new #include. > 5. Indentation for all code blocks following the include, when using Tested line 14 (of the updated file) with a [TAB] and noticed the forward declaration got moved to column 0. When I undo all changes (steps 4.3 to 4.1), indentation is OK (remains at respective column). When I repeat the steps, indentation gets moved to column 0. Best! Piotr