martin rudalics wrote > A frame move should never resize the frame. Apparently the size > hints are working here. Does it resize when you set > `frame-resize-pixelwise' permanently to nil too? In fact it was originally reported in that case, as Emacs was started by 'emacs -Q', and by default 'frame-resize-pixelwise' is 'nil'. > And all other sizes that are not an integral multiple of the default > character size, I presume. But when you split a window via C-x 2 > and mouse-drag the mode line of the upper window by very small > (pixel) increments do you see any corruption too? Yes, I do, as described here [0]. > But you get the corruption only in a fullsized frame? Nope, I presume I do in all frames whose height is not an integral multiple of the default character size. > Don't you have to make the frame fullsize here? No, I don't. > How does scrolling an upper window in a split frame work in this > case? It works the same: corrupted mode-line for the upper window. Footnotes: [0] http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=18912#149 -- ,= ,-_-. =. Bruno FĂ©lix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix) [0x28D618AF] ((_/)o o(\_)) There is no system but GNU; `-'(. .)`-' GNU Linux-Libre is one of its official kernels; \_/ All software must be free as in freedom;