all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Black cursor unusable with bitmap font
       [not found] <340785138.9866221271835188529.JavaMail.root@zimbra1-e1.priv.proxad.net>
@ 2010-04-21  7:38 ` eric.dedieu
From: eric.dedieu @ 2010-04-21  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Emacs helpers,

I have the Dina and Terminus fonts installed as pcf fonts, on
Arch Linux.

On Emacs 23, the fonts get displayed correctly, except under the black
(normal) cursor. Usually the character under it is reversed white on
black. For me it is erased (all black) for 1 full second before
turning white.

With a blinking cursor, it rarely appears at all. With a hollow
cursor all is well.

Another strange detail: characters that are undelined (like links)
are processed normally (reversed to white instantaneously).

It seems that reverse video on pcf fonts can be very, very sluggish.

Is this a known problem? I can't find anything on google or faqs.

Thanks for any help,
Eric

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-04-21  7:38 UTC | newest]