On 09/05/2014 11:39 AM, Achim Gratz wrote: > Stefan Monnier writes: >> When can variable refs be of the form %name or !name >> (i.e. without the terminating % or !)? > > These are so-called parameter variables; more specifically loop > variables and arguments, these must be single alpha character or > numerical. There are also local variables when you enable extended > syntax, but they localize the environment variables and thus keep their > syntax. > > I think that's the best syntax description (and most concise) I've found > so far: > Mind just importing http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ntcmd.el into trunk? It handles a bunch of nasty cmd.exe syntactic corner cases.