On 1/4/06, Peter Dyballa wrote: > > > Am 04.01.2006 um 01:34 schrieb BRUCE INGALLS: > > > (defun save-current-buffer-as-pdf () > > Hello Bruce! > Your site in German is quite funny I don't remember how I translated the pages, but I do know that they need more work. Perhaps I should leave everything in English, but I am trying to accomodate the rest of the world. If you have suggestions, I am open. I have asked for volunteers in the past... > > You are using the usual ps-print functions and then ps2pdf to convert > PS output to PDF. This is OK for US-ASCII and ISO Latin-1/ISO 8859-1, > but it fails already in ISO Latin-9/ISO 8859-15, ISO Latin with €. Thanks for the info. I wonder if the shortcoming is in the PS generation, or in the PDF conversion. I'm sure you could `gsview foo.ps` to find out. htmlize.el is a great tool, yes! For 'Carbon Emacs' on Mac OS X this seems to > become the standard printing interface ... although some users and > developers seem to have a 'strange' feeling when using this! And it > does not need third party software (ps2pdf from Ghostview). Well, it did not take much convincing, to tell me that ps2pdf is not a good solution. Unfortunately, while the htmlview.el printing approach is appealing, it does rely on 3rd party software, namely the web browser (unless you use the lower quality w3.el, which is an optional package). Fortunately, w32, osx & linux/gnome have default browsers, that Emacs can detect. I have included browser detection software in EMacro (ach, weh!) which can help with console mode and other platforms, such as Solaris, bsd, etc.