On 04/02/2014 08:14 AM, Drew Adams wrote: > Close this bug if you feel like it. This is only to say that since a > few months ago (?) Emacs redisplay seems to be broken. I do not have a > recipe, but I would be surprised if no one else sees this at all. > > If I create a new frame (e.g. C-x 5 f) that partially obscures an > existing frame, for instance, and the select that partially obscured > frame (e.g., by clicking its title bar), so that it is raised again, the > part of the buffer that was obscured looks wiped out (blank). And > repeated C-l does not fix this. My workaround is to thumbify and then > dethumbify the frame. (Probably iconifying and deiconifying would work > too, but I do not iconify anymore.) > I've never seen this behavior and can't repro it now. What window manager are you using, and with what Emacs GUI toolkit?