On 03/24/2014 07:10 PM, Stefan wrote: >> Since a comment in backquote.el said that backquote-list* needed to be a >> primitive, here is an implementation of it as one, under the name >> list-with-tail. > > I think it would make more sense to call it `list*'. Also it might make > sense to change backquote.el so it uses this `list*' (tho probably only > when passed with enough arguments). Agreed. On more that one occasion, I've wished we had a CL-less `list*'. If you do add this feature, please make sure the existing list* compiler macros keep working.