On 03/23/2014 04:37 AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote: > >>> Found it. Emacs' XCreateIC is failing because we pass an >>> XNStatusAttributes; omitting this parameter makes the compose >>> system work fine. Let me see whether omitting this parameter has >>> any side effects; if it doesn't, I'll check in a patch to retry >>> XCreateIC without XNStatusAttributes if the first call fails. >> >> I pushed a fix to trunk. Can you please try it now? Compose works >> for me without having to muck with XMODIFIERS. > > For me it fails. My openSuSE 12.3 GNU/Linux box uses gtk+ 2.24.18 and > XOrg 1.13.2, in case this matters. Break on XCreateIC. Does it return NULL?