On 03/23/2014 02:17 AM, David Kastrup wrote: > Andreas Schwab writes: > >> David Kastrup writes: >> >>> After upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04 (and using Cinnamon), I can no longer >>> use . Emacs flashes at me and displays " is >>> undefined". >> >> That means compose handling is broken on your system. > > It's likely not just "my system" but in a month of time the most widely > deployed GNU/Linux system. FWIW, it's broken on 13.10 for me too. Nulling out XMODIFIERS fixes it for me; that environment variable normally contains something about ibus; making that change ourselves probably breaks other functionality though.