Hello @all. Since bugs #16694 and #16378 are somewhat loosely connected, I am posting this to both. The attached patches have been tested quite a bit locally and especially the fix for #16378 has gone through several revisions to cover all corner cases and side-effects. The first two patches should be quite safe to apply. Naturally I would appreciate any testing and feedback. :) The last patch is not required to fix any bugs (though it might), it just cleans up a bit but introduces a backwards incompatible change on the way which should (imho) not be a problem. That one is more a RFC but works just fine on my system as well and I think applying it to the tree shouldn't be trouble. If there are any questions or problems, please let me know. So long, Matthias