On 12/02/14 23:21, Glenn Morris wrote: > Then this is probably the same root issue as > http://debbugs.gnu.org/16434 (and 16440, and 16443, and maybe 16378). More than likely. > There is clearly something going on there that needs to be investigated > before 24.4. The attached patch is what I am using locally and it fixes all problems for me. I also tested bug #16434 and it works fine w/ the patch applied. Basically it puts everything from X resources back to be applied first and everything else on-top. Thus everything else is taking priority. Consider the patch a raw version and a RFC-- missing proper changes to the comments and I'd probably pull the conditional (no-init-from-x-resources) up into make-face-x-resource-internal and change the usage throughout the rest of the file. But I'm not too well versed with Emacs' deep inner workings, and even though it makes sense to me :), I might be completely off and just fixing the symptoms. If so, I'd gladly help in finding the proper root cause and learning a bit more in the process... Hope that helps... Matthias