all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Integrating GNU emacs with chess package & images
@ 2006-02-07  4:43 binit
From: binit @ 2006-02-07  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I faced some problems while integrating chess pkg. First, to compile
emacs with Xpm, I downloaded Xpm libraries but it refused to link with
lXpm in 'athena' mode. Surprisingly, it did for 'motif' mode.
Furthermore, while I tried to load emacs chess in images mode, it used
to crash just before rendering.

After that, everything was OK, images were loaded but it was too big
and didn't fit on my screen. When I tried to resize it, emacs crashed!
Maybe its some fault of configuration, that I do not know. Then I
noticed that whenever I gave some command that required redraw, it
crashed.

Library for Xpm is the latest one : xpm-3.4k-solaris

Its surprising for me, I've never seen emacs crashing...

And, please tell me if there's a way to open jpeg file in emacs. Or, if
I could program it in elisp (though I'm new to it).

Binit

* Re: Integrating GNU emacs with chess package & images
@ 2006-02-07  9:43 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-02-07  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 07.02.2006 um 05:43 schrieb binit:

> And, please tell me if there's a way to open jpeg file in emacs.

In dired-mode you position the cursor on the file and press v to view
the JPEG file.

--
Greetings

   Pete