On 10/3/13 6:50 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> but instead explicitly set and reset it, skipping the reset if the >> value changed while we evaluated the form. I've also added a flush >> timer so that we don't need to wait for a while line of output to >> accumulate before displaying output. (Imagine a loop that calls >> (princ ".") occasionally to indicate progress.) > > I'm curious: why go through this trouble instead of just setting it > buffer-locally at the beginning and forgetting about it? Because then I can't work with code that operates in a different buffer and outputs debug tracing to standard-output.