On 9/26/13 1:49 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> How does this change look? > > Looks OK, but see comments/questions. Thanks for taking a look. > >> +;;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*- >> ;;; ielm.el --- interaction mode for Emacs Lisp > > Please just put -*- lexical-binding: t -*- at the end of the first line Sure. >> +(defun ielm-standard-output-impl (char) > > I don't really understand the standard-output part of your patch. > Could you provide a simple example where it makes a difference (and put > it in some comment somewhere in the code)? Sure: it's a new feature: the basic idea is that if a form being evaluated through ielm writes to standard-output (say, using princ), that output appears in the ielm buffer, making it work more like a normal command line. I looked into doing the same thing for message output, but I couldn't get after-change-functions in *Messages* to run reliably.