all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* video tutorials for Emacs
@ 2013-07-10  4:35 Lalit Saraswat
From: Lalit Saraswat @ 2013-07-10  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

does anyone know such Emacs's training video tutorials available?

It would be great help for beginner or in introducing emacs to someone.

Thanks & Regards,
Lalit Saraswat

* RE: video tutorials for Emacs
@ 2013-07-10  4:38 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2013-07-10  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lalit Saraswat, help-gnu-emacs

> does anyone know such Emacs's training video tutorials available?
> It would be great help for beginner or in introducing emacs to someone.

One place to start:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsScreencasts

(Other than that, Google is your friend.)

* Re: video tutorials for Emacs
@ 2013-07-10  4:46   ` Jimit Modi
From: Jimit Modi @ 2013-07-10  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, Lalit Saraswat

http://emacsmovies.org/
Is also a good place to look upon.

--
Jim(y || it)

@ 2013-07-10 19:11 ` Tim Visher
From: Tim Visher @ 2013-07-10 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lalit Saraswat; +Cc: emacs

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Lalit Saraswat <leadinglalit@gmail.com> wrote:
> does anyone know such Emacs's training video tutorials available?
>
> It would be great help for beginner or in introducing emacs to someone.

/me shamelessly self-promotes by pointing over to
https://vimeo.com/channels/222837

* Re: video tutorials for Emacs
@ 2013-07-11  5:29 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2013-07-11  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am 10.07.2013 06:35, schrieb Lalit Saraswat:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone know such Emacs's training video tutorials available?
>
> It would be great help for beginner or in introducing emacs to someone.

> Thanks & Regards,
> Lalit Saraswat

http://emacsrocks.com/

Not sure how suitable for beginners in special.

Outlining the Emacs capabilities, useful for everyone.