all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: opening new buffer in active buffer
@ 2013-07-05  7:51 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2013-07-05  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bernardo.bacic; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

 > (add-to-list 'same-window-buffer-names "*Buffer List*")

The recommended way to do this with Emacs 24 is to customize
`display-buffer-alist'.  Try, for example,

(setq display-buffer-alist '(("*Buffer List*" display-buffer-same-window (nil))))

martin

* opening new buffer in active buffer
@ 2013-07-04 14:48 Jannis
From: Jannis @ 2013-07-04 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear emacs users,

if i have several buffers open in emacs in splitted windows and I hit
Ctr-X Ctr-B to switch to another buffer, the list of buffers and, hence,
the new buffer always opens in another buffer window than the one that
is currently my window. Is there any way to change this so that I always
stay in the same window? I have figured out a way to first always click
once in all teh windows where I want the buffer not to open but this
seems very tedious to me.

Thanks
Jannis