Il 05/07/2013 9.45, martin rudalics ha scritto: > > I think it is the same I see here... It seems as a Windows window > > manager "effect".. > > I'm sure it's an Emacs "effect". I guessed that from the fact that, apparently it happens only on Windows systems, not on Ubuntu or Kubuntu... > > >> BTW, if you disable the tool bar before saving (adding (tool-bar-lines > >> . 0) to default-frame-alist, for example), do you see any difference? > > > > Yes, Emacs is restored "maximized", i.e. N lines, but the maximize > > button is not selected (and not tool bar, obviously) > > I think this clearly hints that the the toolbar is the culprit with > respect to the size. Now please try to (1) remove the size parameters > from the desktop file, (2) check and tell us whether it contains a > maximize request, and (3) try again with the thus modified desktop file. I have removed the desktop file. Then I started Emacs, maximized the frame and closed Emacs after saved the desktop. The resulting desktop (test bzipped) is attached. Which parameters do you suggest to remove? I notice only a "fullscreen", but I have only clicked on the maximize button... May you resend it as you think? TIA, Angelo.