Dear all: I think I spotted an error in backquote.el answering this question in stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17394638/nesting-backquote-and-in-emacs-lisp In backquote expansion, the symbol for backquote (`) is treated specially for nested backquoting, but its alias, backquote (if it is intended for it to be used from elisp programs) is not correctly evaluated in nesting. The patch (I think) is straightforward, and I include it as an attachment, but you experts out there have to judge. I would like to contribute it myself, but at the moment I'm not sure of the steps I have to follow to do so (sign agreement? obtain write access to repo?). Best regards, diego. -- Diego Sevilla Ruiz -- http://ditec.um.es/~dsevilla/ -- dsevilla@um.es _.___ Dep. Ingeniería y Tecnología de Computadores, Facultad de Informática D|TEC Univ.de Murcia,Campus Espinardo,30080 Murcia (SPAIN),Tel.+34868887571