all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gnus and group filtering
@ 2013-06-27 13:43 Mike Ray
From: Mike Ray @ 2013-06-27 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I have Emacspeak running on Arch Linux on a Raspberry Pi computer.

I am trying to use gnus to provide newsgroup, RSS and email to the
members of my community for visually impaired Raspberry Pi users.

I have a .gnus file which is allowing me to correctly show all the
active newsgroups on freenews.netfront.net, but I can't get to grips
with how to show/filter groups to which I have not subscribed.

Here's the problem in detail:

1.  When I launch gnus I can show all active groups with `A A'.

2.  Scrolling through this list to find interesting groups is obviously
out of the question because it is thousands and thousands of groups.

3.  All other attempts to show groups, for instance with a regular
expression show no groups.

Presumably this is because of the 'levels' somehow.  It is this levels
thing I can't get to grips with.

How can I get to subscribe to, for example comp.lang.python without
scrolling through thousand of alt groups to get to the comp.lang.* groups?

Thanks.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

Don't just sit there, learn something

Interested in accessibility on the Raspberry Pi?
Visit: http://www.raspberryvi.org/

 From where you can join our mailing list for visually-impaired Pi hackers

[parent not found: <mailman.2588.1372349097.22516.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]