all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Disabling auto indentation
@ 2013-05-19  8:54 f gr
From: f gr @ 2013-05-19  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi,
I want to disable auto-indent-mode for PO mode when I edit an entry.
I don't know anything of elisp language to make it by myself.

* Re: Disabling auto indentation
@ 2013-05-21  3:09 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2013-05-21  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> I want to disable auto-indent-mode for PO mode when I edit an entry.

This is unclear.  Normally, under Emacs, "auto-indentation" means the
indentation that's performed when you explicitly hit TAB.  I.e. it's
only "automatic" in that it automatically chooses the indentation, but
it only does it when you explicitly ask it to.  So "disabling" it amounts
to just "refrain from hitting TAB".

* Re: Disabling auto indentation
@ 2013-05-21  5:33 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2013-05-21  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Am 19.05.2013 10:54, schrieb f gr:
> Hi,
> I want to disable auto-indent-mode for PO mode when I edit an entry.
> I don't know anything of elisp language to make it by myself.

Customizing `tab-always-indent' to nil maybe?

Andreas

* Re: Disabling auto indentation
@ 2013-05-21 16:42   ` f gr
From: f gr @ 2013-05-21 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs-mXXj517/zsQ

Stefan Monnier [2013-05-20T23:09-0400]:

> > I want to disable auto-indent-mode for PO mode when I edit an
> > entry.
>
> This is unclear.
[...]

yeah, sorry, I mean to say auto-fill-mode. (The former was for
another question that now I've resolved.)