On 04/05/2013 07:21 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Thus, after the changes above, we have 4 different implementations of >> the same function check_window_system, which means it would be > [...] >> etc., you get the idea. IOW, there should be no assumption that X, >> NS, and w32 are mutually exclusive. > > Right: 4 implementations of the same function is a problem in itself > (we have this problem in several places in Emacs, but we should try to > get rid of them, rather than add more). OK. It looks like that we can also try to drop have_menus_p, check_x_frame, check_ns_frame plus (x|w32)_in_use. This looks good enough for X and TTY; I'm willing to add some comments, commit and get my portion of blame for broken W32 and NS ports :-). Dmitry