Tags: patch Attached is a proposed patch to change encodings of Emacs source files to UTF-8 when it's easy, i.e., no change should be needed to the Emacs build or maintenance procedure because of this. The affected files are tutorials, one reference card, and thai-word.el. The patch is a bit tricky to view, since it contains a mishmash of encodings, but the result should be straightforward. I've already made some minor changes in this area, but the attached changes are fairly large so I thought them worth posting for a review. I'm also CC'ing this to Mr. Handa who is our leading encoding expert.