all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Interactively query face name?
@ 2003-06-05  9:40 Morten Eriksen
From: Morten Eriksen @ 2003-06-05  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I tried the Google groups, but couldn't find an answer to this
question: how can I interactively query the name of the face of the
character under the current cursor position?

Morten
--
Ees a sad an' beautiful world

* Re: Interactively query face name?
@ 2003-06-05 10:17 ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2003-06-05 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Morten Eriksen <mortene@sim.no> writes:

> I tried the Google groups, but couldn't find an answer to this
> question: how can I interactively query the name of the face of the
> character under the current cursor position?

M-x describe-text-properties, or use C-u C-x =.

--
Daniel Jensen
Editing is a rewording activity.

* Re: Interactively query face name?
@ 2003-06-05 14:51 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2003-06-05 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Morten Eriksen <mortene@sim.no> writes:

> I tried the Google groups, but couldn't find an answer to this
> question: how can I interactively query the name of the face of the
> character under the current cursor position?

M-x list-text-properties-at

--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the
day they start making vacuum cleaners. -- Ernst Jan Plugge

* Re: Interactively query face name?
@ 2003-06-05 15:34   ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2003-06-05 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> Morten Eriksen <mortene@sim.no> writes:
>
>> I tried the Google groups, but couldn't find an answer to this
>> question: how can I interactively query the name of the face of the
>> character under the current cursor position?
>
> M-x list-text-properties-at

This seems to have been deleted in the development version of Emacs.
According to the NEWS file:

  The command `list-text-properties-at' has been deleted because
  C-u C-x = gives the same information and more.

--

@ 2003-06-05 16:10     ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2003-06-05 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daniel Jensen <daniel-news@bigwalter.net> writes:

> bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:
>
>> M-x list-text-properties-at
>
> This seems to have been deleted in the development version of Emacs.
> According to the NEWS file:
>
>   The command `list-text-properties-at' has been deleted because
>   C-u C-x = gives the same information and more.

Yes, and `describe-text-properties' is new -- "C-x = runs the command
what-cursor-position" here (Emacs 21.2). The OP uses Emacs 20.4, as
far as I can see.

--

@ 2003-06-05 16:42       ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2003-06-05 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> Daniel Jensen <daniel-news@bigwalter.net> writes:
>
>> bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:
>>
>>> M-x list-text-properties-at
>>
>> This seems to have been deleted in the development version of Emacs.
>> According to the NEWS file:
>>
>>   The command `list-text-properties-at' has been deleted because
>>   C-u C-x = gives the same information and more.
>
> Yes, and `describe-text-properties' is new -- "C-x = runs the command
> what-cursor-position" here (Emacs 21.2). The OP uses Emacs 20.4, as
> far as I can see.

Yes, I see that now. I didn't find describe-text-properties in the
NEWS file. But C-x = is what-cursor-position in my Emacs too; I'm
sorry if I confused you with my earlier post.

--

@ 2003-06-05 18:21   ` Morten Eriksen
From: Morten Eriksen @ 2003-06-05 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes: