all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Access WebDav Server From Emacs 22.1 Under XP
@ 2008-01-07 16:00 Jay Runkel
From: Jay Runkel @ 2008-01-07 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

What is the best way to access files on a WebDav server from Emacs 22.1
under Windows XP? Right now, I use Eldav package in the Emacs 21.2.1
which was built under cygwin, but I can't get that to work in 22.1
(Win32 version)? In reading the manuals, they hint that you can access
WebDav using the URLPackage, but can't seem to find any details?  Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay

* Re: Access WebDav Server From Emacs 22.1 Under XP
@ 2008-01-07 17:00 ` Mathias Dahl
From: Mathias Dahl @ 2008-01-07 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Jay Runkel <jayrunkel@yahoo.com> writes:

> What is the best way to access files on a WebDav server from Emacs
> 22.1 under Windows XP? Right now, I use Eldav package in the Emacs
> 21.2.1 which was built under cygwin, but I can't get that to work in
> 22.1 (Win32 version)? In reading the manuals, they hint that you can
> access WebDav using the URLPackage, but can't seem to find any
> details?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

I researched this last week while trying to access my account over at
Box.net. I ended up using davfs2 (I run GNU/Linux.) I tried out
`cadaver', an excellent WebDAV console program (works like an FTP
client, basically) and had ideas of integrating that with Emacs (or
controlling it from Emacs really). It seems cadaver exists for Cygwin,
maybe you should check it out? Depending on your needs, it might be
enough with some keyboard macros or simple defuns to control cadaver
in a Shell or Eshell buffer? That is, if you don't write something
more advanced using comint.