martin rudalics wrote: > We first have to make sure that you indeed click on the stepper > buttons. For this purpose please do the following with Emacs -Q: > Evaluate > > M-: (setq window-min-height 1) RET > C-x 2 > M-: (window-resize nil (- 2 (window-height))) RET > > This should get you a one-line window on top of the frame. Here this > window has just two small stepper buttons and no slider. Hopefully, > yours is the same. Unfortunately, not. I initially get whitespace where the scrollbar should be. If I change the theme a few times, I eventually get stepper buttons, but the slider is included, and it all extends down into the second window (see attached). (This is with the emacs-26 branch, built July 4.) > Now please tell us what clicking or pressing such a button produces. > If running this under GDB reveals that in xg_scroll_callback 'scroll' > equals GTK_SCROLL_JUMP, then please tell us the values of 'whole' and > 'value' in that case. I've attached 2 logs from the gdb session. The first was after using your original instructions. The second was from using (- 3 ...) instead of (- 2 ...). (In the second case the scrollbar was visible, but again it extended into the lower window.) Let me know if I messed something up or there is additional data you need. thanks, mike