On 10/15/2012 12:35 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote: > On 10/15/2012 12:33 PM, Ken Brown wrote: >> On 10/15/2012 1:16 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >>>> Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:14:26 -0400 >>>> From: Ken Brown >>>> Cc: Emacs >>>> >>>> The build with dbus support still doesn't work. An "Emacs abort" >>>> dialogue box comes up during the build [which I've never seen before >>>> when doing a Cygwin build] asking if I want to attach gdb. >>> >>> That dialog is one sign that the native Windows GUI and window manager >>> are used for display and input. It's what happens when Emacs aborts >>> itself or catches some other fatal signal. >>> >>> Attaching a debugger, as instructed in the dialog, will allow you to >>> produce a backtrace that might show what went wrong. >> >> I'm hoping that Daniel will be able to reproduce the problem and fix it. If >> not, I'll try to debug it when I return from my trip. > > I haven't seen this problem, but that's likely because I'm not running a full > desktop environment in Cygwin. I'll try setting up a dbus server and see whether > I can reproduce the issue. I wonder whether the dbus code has ever worked on a > non-X11 system. Emacs builds and starts fine for me even when dbus-daemon is running, with or without X also running. Running dbus-monitor doesn't report anything happening. A stack trace from your environment would be helpful.